The website contains hyperlinks to external resources, hosted and operated by third parties. These parties have their own privacy policies, including cookies, and we urge you to review them carefully. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the handling of your personal information when visiting these external resources; your use of those third party resources and/or websites is your own responsibility.
We also use third-party service and content providers (such as Google Analytics) who may collect their own set of personal information. Since these are third parties, the information collected by them is not governed by this Privacy Statement. Take a look at the Cookies section towards the bottom of this document for more information.
Personal information collected
Whenever you register for our members-only services, for example using our forum or registering for our newsletter, we may ask personal information about you. This can consist of such information as your name, e-mail, website address, gender, etc. By entering the information in the fields requested you enable Sariandola to provide you with the services you select.
We record your IP address as part of the unconditional logging our web server software does whenever anybody accesses our site. The collected IP addresses remain on record for at least a year, but they will be not shared with third parties. Exception to this rule is sharing information with authorities in the case of a suspected or proven breach of our site or other proven misuse of our services.
We record your IP address, HTTP Referer information, username (if applicable), date & time as well as the selected item whenever you are downloading anything from our Downloads page. This information is strictly confidential and will not be shared with any third party unless a. we are requested to do so by law or b. it is deemed of absolute necessity in order to protect our business (e.g. as a proof of service consumption in the case of a PayPal dispute). We will not sell, lease or in any other way allow any third party to have access to the raw, redacted or aggregated forms of this information, as per the next section of this document.
Use of collected information
Sariandola will NOT sell, rent or otherwise willingly transmit the recorded personal information to any third party. Your privacy is important to us and we will not even offer aggregate information resulting from personal information processing to any part outside Sariandola. We only use the recorded personal information for:
- service administration purposes, e.g. sending you password reminders, registration confirmations, billing subscription services etc.;
- to contact you regarding new content added on our website, e.g. new forum posts, if you have opted in for this sort of communication;
- to personalize your experience, through the storage of your preferences in cookies and/or our site's database;
- analyze the use of our website and improve its usability;
- IP addresses may be used to identify the location of users, the number of visits from different cities / territories / countries or filter and block inappropriate use.
- dispute chargeback requests
If Sariandola wishes to use the recorded personal information for other uses, it will notify you beforehand so that you have the chance to opt-out from these new uses.
When we contact you
We only contact you if you have explicitly opted-in for such communication through the use of our services. For example:
- We may contact you if a new post was added to a ticket thread or category you have subscribed to
Sariandola does not operate a newsletter or any other form of mass email facility. Any update information which you may have received in your inbox are the result of a plugin running on your own site (which you opted in to enable during installation) or you had subscribed to our now-defunct FeedBurner RSS-to-email list, operated by Google Inc.
These forms of contact are conducted by automated software running on our server. You always have the chance to opt-out from such communication. Sariandola will never send unsolicited email messages ("spam") or allow third parties access to our users and contacts database.
We may also directly contact you - manually sending out emails, as opposed to automatic email sending outlined above - under special circumstances such as:
- Suspecting that your account is compromised by an unauthorized third party
- Before, during or after server-related incidents which may seriously hamper your ability to use our services
- In case you have crossed the line of fair use of our services
- If you have so asked us with an email, ticket, personal message, instant message, Twitter message or any other form of personal or electronic contact.
Contact for marketing purposes
We do not send unsolicited email messages for marketing purposes. Subscription to our newsletter follows the industry standard rules for opt-in newsletters. This means that you have to confirm your subscription, making sure that no thrid party can subscribe you against your will, and that you can opt-out of the newsletter at any time.
Information sharing with third parties
Information collected by Sariandola will not be shared with any third parties. Not in their raw form, not in a processed or aggregate form. We do not share personal information with third parties except as stated in the "Use of collected information" article above.
Important note: Please review the section on cookies, as we employ third-party service/content providers. These providers collect their own set of personal information, governed by their own privacy statements.
If you are considered a minor in your jurisdiction (for example, people under 18 years of age in the Netherlands) you must get your parent's/guardian's permission before submitting any content or personal information to Sariandola. If you or your parent/guardian believes beyond doubt that such information have been submitted in violation of the above term, you may submit to us relevant proof so that we can remove the offending information from our website and records.
Duration of personal information retainment
Notwithstanding any aforementioned cases of explicit information removal, your personal information may be stored in our servers for an indefinite period of time, no less than the duration of your account's existence or 1 calendar year, whichever is more.
Cookies In Use on This Site
Cookies and how they Benefit You
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you'd expect
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Personalise our site to you to help you get what you need faster
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do)
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below
More about our Cookies
Our own cookies
- Remembering if you have accepted our terms and conditions
- Allowing you to add comments to our site
- Tailoring content to your needs
- Remembering if we have already asked you certain questions (e.g. you declined to use our app or take our survey)
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
Third party functions
- Google Analytics (Visitor Statistics Cookies): https://www.google.com/analytics
- AddThis (Social Website Cookies): https://www.addthis.com/
Disabling these cookies will likely break the functions offered by these third parties
Visitor Statistics Cookies
We also use technology to determine how people who phone us arrived on our website (e.g. from a search engine or by clicking on an advert). This is to help us to identify how people heard about us. Please be aware that if you call us, using a phone number on the website we can potentially tell how you arrived on our website. Again this ultimately helps us keep down costs for you.
Social Website Cookies
So you can easily link or share our content on the likes of Facebook and Twitter we have included sharing buttons on our site.
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
Turning Cookies Off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies. Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of our's and a large proportion of the world's websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites
It may be that you concerns around cookies relate to so called "spyware". Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive. Learn more about managing cookies with antispyware software.
Intellectual Property Rights
Copyright and other intellectual, industrial and/or proprietary rights the Sariandola Site and any of its services, software and content, and to any whole or partial copies that you make are owned by Sariandola or its licensors, unless otherwise specified. Sariandola permits you to use the Sariandola Site and any of its services, software and content only in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. All rights not specifically granted by Sariandola are reserved by Sariandola. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents of this website in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- You may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only.
You agree not to modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise attempt to reveal the inner workings or modify the functionality of the Sariandola Site and any of its services, software and content. Sariandola is willing to provide you the necessary information to be able to perform tasks regarding compatible programming at reasonable terms. You agree not to remove any label indicating that the Sariandola Site and any of its services, software and content is the subject of copyright and other intellectual, industrial or proprietary rights of Sariandola and/or third parties.
We do not claim any ownership in the intellectual property rights of others. All product, brand, or company names not belonging to Sariandola are the intellectual property of their respective owners. Check the license of our extensions to read more information about the copyright of those extensions.
- Sending an e-mail to info at this domain name.
- Filling in the contact form at the contact page of this site.